Another Amazing Year of Inspiring Kids to Change the World! A look back at 2017.
By Jessica Dieken
Have you ever looked back at your year and thought, “Wow, I didn’t even realize it but a lot happened!”? In a world where things move a mile a minute, it can be hard to find the time to take a moment to reflect, remember and revel in the successes of the previous year. But we know how it important it is to celebrate our achievements and thank those who helped us create the impact we’re on a mission to create!
Here are some of the incredible things that happened in 2017!
- In partnership with Otter Products, we kicked off our first ever closed2open event! In a single day, over 850 employees volunteered more than 4,650 hours in over 100 schools and nonprofits in Northern Colorado and San Diego, reaching close to 7,500 students!
- Otter Products and Blue Ocean Enterprises employees raised over $65,000 during our annual employee fundraising campaign, the G3 Challenge!
- Because of the generosity of these amazing employees, OtterCares was able to awarded 15 schools and nonprofits in Northern Colorado and San Diego grants from our Innovation Station Fund!
- Awarded four Poudre School District seniors the OtterBox Entrepreneurial Scholarship!
- More than 260 Otter Products and Blue Ocean employees volunteered over 800 hours to help provide school supplies and encouragement to more than 2,000 Poudre School District students during Pack2School!
- We awarded 22 Impact and Inspiration Fund grants to schools and nonprofits in Northern Colorado to educate and inspire students to become entrepreneurs and philanthropists!
- During our Not-So-Ordinary Ornament employee holiday giving campaign, Otter Products employees raised funds to provide special grants to 7 schools in Northern Colorado and San Diego to help further our mission of teaching students how to be entrepreneurs and philanthropists!
- Project Heart was downloaded by nearly 600 teachers and educators across the country!
We’re running hard in 2018 to create an even bigger impact and inspire even more students to change the world through entrepreneurship and philanthropy!