We believe that nonprofits contribute to the vibrancy of a community and in order to support the efforts of local nonprofits, the Commuter Fund was created to provide sponsorship for single-day charitable events in Northern Colorado.
- The event is hosted by and benefits an organization that is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c )(3) public charity
- The event is taking place in Larimer or Weld county
- The event benefits citizens of one or both counties
- The request is submitted at least 45 days prior to the event’s sponsorship deadline
- The request includes information about ALL available sponsorship levels
- Contribute to our mission of championing innovative education for youth
- Include an educational component that teaches attendees about services an organization provides and/or community need(s) that it meets
*Note: Applying for and/or receiving grants from other OtterCares grant funds does not prohibit an organization from applying for and/or receiving event-related funding from the Commuter Fund.
Due to an increase in the amount of requests to the Commuter Fund, each organization may receive only ONE grant from the Commuter Fund per calendar year.
- Political campaigns and/or legislative lobbying efforts
- Reproductive choice advocacy groups
- Direct support for individuals
- Long-term or ongoing programs/projects (See Impact Fund)
- School trips
Applications for the Commuter Fund are accepted on an ongoing basis and evaluated monthly. Award notification will be sent no later than 45 days after the completed application is submitted.
- All Commuter Fund grant recipients are required to submit an event report within 30 days following the event. The details and report form will be emailed to grant recipients following the award notification.
- All grant recognition should be attributed to the OtterCares Foundation (not OtterBox). Approved logos and brand guidelines will be provided to recipients via email, upon request.
Up to $2000