The Champion Fund provides funding for youth athletics in Larimer and Weld counties of Colorado.
In order to be considered for a grant through the Champion Fund, the request should meet the following criteria:
- Funding supports an athletic league, not an individual team
- The organization is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity
- The organization is located in Larimer or Weld County
- Funding supports program costs for scholarships for students who cannot otherwise afford to play or equipment for the league
- If funding request is to support scholarships, a formal scholarship program/process must be in place for the league's youth participants
An organization may receive a grant from the Champion Fund once per calendar year. The Champion Fund does not award grants to individual teams. Please work directly with your league.
Please be advised that the Champion Fund does not provide support for the following:
- Political campaigns and/or legislative lobbying efforts
- Reproductive choice advocacy groups
- Direct support for individuals
- Building/construction projects
- General operating support/unrestricted funds
- Travel expenses
- Tournament Fees
- General Team Sponsorship
Applications for the Champion Fund are accepted on an ongoing basis with adherence to quarterly deadlines of January 15, April 15, July 15 and October 15. Applications will be reviewed after each quarterly deadline and award notifications will be sent no later than the last day of the month following each deadline.
- All Champion Fund grant recipients are required to submit a grant report upon program completion. Details will be emailed to grant recipients following the award notification. Reports must be submitted prior to application for subsequent Champion Fund grants.
All grant-related correspondence will come from Foundation Source. Please add foundationsource.com to your email provider’s safe sender list.
- All grant recognition should be attributed to the OtterCares Foundation (not OtterBox). Approved logos and brand guidelines will be provided to recipients via email, upon request.
Up to $2000