The Impact Fund provides program-specific grants to charitable organizations located in either Larimer or Weld counties of Colorado that advance our purpose of inspiring students to become entrepreneurs and philanthropists.
In order to be considered for a grant through the Impact Fund, the request should meet the following criteria:
- The organization is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity (public schools do qualify under their school district’s EIN)
- The program has an innovative, educational component related to teaching philanthropy and/or entrepreneurship to K-12 students
- The program serves participants located in either Larimer or Weld County of Colorado
- The applicant should submit a Pre-Application Form at least one month prior to the grant dealine
Grant Cycle and Details
- Applications for the Impact Fund are accepted on an ongoing basis with adherence to deadlines of June 15 and November 15.
- Applications will be reviewed after each deadline and award notifications will be sent no later than 45 days following each deadline.
- In order to apply for a grant from the Impact Fund, you must first submit a Pre-Application Form.
- The Impact Fund does not have a set maximum or minimum amount. We encourage applicants to submit requests that are directly related to the costs of their program.
Funding Requirements & Limitations
- An organization may receive a grant from the Impact Fund once per calendar year.
- Applicants can receive funding for three consecutive calendar years and then will need to take a year off before receiving funding again.
- All Impact Fund grant recipients are required to submit an electronic grant report upon program completion. Reports must be submitted prior to application for subsequent Impact Fund grants.
- All grant recognition should be attributed to the OtterCares Foundation. Approved logos and brand guidelines will be provided via email, upon request.
Please be advised that OtterCares does not currently fund for the following:
- Political campaigns and/or legislative lobbying efforts
- Reproductive choice advocacy groups
- Direct support for individuals
- Building/construction projects
- General operating support/unrestricted funds
- Travel expenses
- Organizations redirecting funding outside of Larimer, Weld or San Diego counties
Submit a Pre-Application