The Inspiration Fund provides program-specific grants to charitable organizations located in San Diego, California, that advance our purpose of inspiring students to become entrepreneurs and philanthropists.
In order to be considered for a grant through the Inspiration Fund, the request should meet the following criteria:
- The organization is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity
- The request is for a singular, specific program
- The program your request is for directly serves youth in San Diego
- The program contributes to our purpose of inspiring students to become entrepreneurs and philanthropists
- The program is both innovative and educational
- The anticipated outcomes of the program directly benefit the San Diego community
Due to a high volume of applications received, the Inspiration Fund is very competitive. We have a special interest in funding programs that:
- Have an innovative educational component related to teaching philanthropy and/or entrepreneurship
- Create lasting impact on participants and their community
- Motivate participants to take an active role in improving their own life or the community at large
- Include components of collaboration with other nonprofit agencies
The Inspiration Fund has the following calendar year restrictions:
- An individual organization may receive a grant from the Inspiration Fund only once per calendar year
- Individual organizations may receive funding for no more than three consecutive calendar years and are then asked to refrain from applying for one calendar year
Please be advised that the Inspiration Fund does not provide support for the following:
- Political campaigns and/or legislative lobbying efforts
- Reproductive choice advocacy groups
- Direct support for individuals
- Building/construction projects
- General operating support/unrestricted funds
- Travel expenses
- Organizations redirecting funding outside of the San Diego community
Applications for the Inspiration Fund are accepted on an ongoing basis with adherence to deadlines of June 1 and November 1. Applications will be reviewed after each deadline and award notifications will be sent no later than 45 days following each deadline.
Staff from the OtterCares Foundation are available to discuss project concepts and potential fit with the Inspiration Fund’s grant priorities. To request a consultation with a staff member prior to submitting an application, please use the Contact Us link.
- All Inspiration Fund grant requests require the sponsorship of a current employee of Otter Products. The sponsoring employee must also be a current volunteer for the organization. The Inspiration Fund application will provide the opportunity to indicate the employee contact information and outline their involvement with the organization.
- All Inspiration Fund grant recipients are required to submit a grant report upon program completion. Details will be emailed to grant recipients following the award notification. Reports must be submitted prior to application for subsequent Inspiration Fund grants.
- All grant-related correspondence will come from Foundation Source. Please add foundationsource.com to your email provider’s safe sender list.
- All grant recognition should be attributed to the OtterCares Foundation. Approved logos and brand guidelines will be provided to recipients via email, upon request.
The Inspiration Fund does not have a maximum or minimum amount as we encourage applicants to submit requests that are directly related to the costs of their program. Please be advised the typical grant award from the Inspiration Fund could be from $500 to $3,500 and we reserve the right to make grants above and below this amount.APPLY NOW